ICS has an Enrichment Program to meet the needs of students that are intellectually or creatively gifted. Our program has two different offerings for our students.
- The kindergarten and first grade classes participate in all-class immersion where all students are offered enrichment.
- Grades 2 – 8 are structured as a “pull-out” program of both acceleration and enrichment.
Goals and Objectives
- Students will improve research skills and methods.
- Develop intellectual and creative abilities through challenging instructional activities.
- Nurture personal growth and skills of interactions, including leadership.
- Provide opportunities for in-depth study that corresponds with the students’ personal interests.
- Assist students to become more independent and effective learners.
- Provide a variety of learning environments including field trips, community service, and community involvement.
- Incorporate community out-reach activities each year.